Operations Specialist – ETP (Exchange Traded products) Middle Office
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
Function: Exchange Traded Products Middle Office – Trade support
Fire Wall Classification: Double Hat
Chinese Wall Classification: Public
Part of the Global Markets & ALMT Operations for Shoken entity
The team covers 3 products (Cash Equity / Stock Loan / Listed Derivatives) as below. Initially team member is assigned to one product first and expanded to another product for cross coverage in the team.
– For Cash Equity, the team supports the Agency & facilitation desks trading activities
– For stock loan, the team supports stock loan and funding collateral desk trading activities.
– For Listed Derivatives, the team supports the listed derivatives desks trading activities.
Cash Equity & Stock Loan
Trade Capture and Reconciliation
- Trade capture and allocation for Shoken entity with Japanese and Foreign markets for Japanese clients and brokers.
- Ensure STP flow from front-to-back systems.
- Verify and send confirmations/statement to clients.
- Reconciliation of booking, positions, transaction/position data from the market.
- Monitoring and processing of Life Cycle Events such as dividend, corporate action, monthly billing etc.
- Liaise with local and global settlement teams to ensure smooth settlements.
- For foreign equity settled overseas (London, Paris or New York), establish working connections with the Back Office teams in each location in order to ensure smooth settlement.
- Confirm cash and margin /collateral payments with clients and monitor released instructions.
New Business setup
- Work closely with the front office in Japan and clients in order to facilitate the implementation of new Business.
- Follow up static data maintenance for new clients and new issue products.
- Ensure accuracy of regulatory reporting or legal ledger such as Baikai report, Prop/Agency flag amendments, other JSDA reports, etc.
Trade Capture and Reconciliation
- Trade capturing booked for Japan entity with Japanese and Foreign markets for Japanese clients, affiliates, and brokers.
- Follow up on Give up/Take up amendments.
- Reconciliation of booking, positions and transaction/position of market side.
Oversight role for outsourced tasks of Middle Office and Back Office to overseas
- Break resolution
- Market change information sharing and confirm necessary operational / system changes in overseas teams
- Detect potential issues proactively and set up robust processes with appropriate controls.
- Working closely with IT to implement new systems and system enhancements to fulfill various needs for business, regulations, controls and efficiencies.
- Promote cross product coverage and expertise to flexibly work within the team.
- Ensure to escalate any irregular events or exceptions to management in a timely manner.
- Work closely with relevant Middle Office teams as well as various Back Office teams, IT, collateral management teams, Front Office, Finance, etc.
Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions (“AML/FS”) related duties
Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS-related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
Verbal & Written Skill in English and Japanese. Work with others. Interact across countries, cultures and external. Deal with senior management, clients and regulators. Speak with confidence.
- Work Quality & Efficiency
Process improvement. Design new processes and documentation. Time management.
- Decision Making
Make a decision, Out of box approach. Change management. Adapt to new ways. Initiate projects.
- Team Work & Culture
Team player. Trust and confidence. Acknowledgement. Lead by example. Effective feedback. Understand organization goals and strategies.
- Problem Solving
Root-cause analysis. Provide solutions. Escalation. Priority.
- Pressure control
Complete all tasks within the business hour.
- Align with the firm’s strategy, Simple & Efficient.
- Own the accountability and responsibilities.
Specific Qualifications Required
- Professional communication skills in English and Japanese
- Ability and willingness to learn and improve new product and process
- Compliance and Risk mindset
- At ease with numbers
- Time management and Prioritization skill
- Comfortable with PC skills such as Excel (pivot table, vlookup and basic calculation formulas)
- 2 years experiences minimum in Financial Industries
- JSDA Sales Representative Qualification (Class 1 & 2)
- JSDA Chief Control Manager
- Listed Derivatives experience