Operations Specialist – Trade Processing (Securities Back Office) (Osaka Based)
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
Securities Back Office is responsible for the day-to-day settlement and corporate action management/asset servicing for above products. Team operates in close collaboration with traders, marketers, sales and other internal function teams to offer client-first post trade services. Team member is generally assigned to one or two products for own service coverage. This role is responsible for foreign bond settlement and corporate actions of equity/fixed income products at the initial assignment.
- Trade Capturing in Back Office systems
- Settlement with onshore/offshore clients
- Processing Life Cycle Events – Corporate action management and asset servicing
- Day To Day Control & Monitoring
- Accounting Control
- Tax processing
- Reportings (Client/Regulatory/Internal)
- Billing processing
- Request for Static Data maintenance
- Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions (“AML/FS”) related duties
- Daily funding
Products to cover by the team
- Fixed Income
- Trust Investment
- Listed Derivatives
- Cash Management
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Verbal & Written Skill in English and Japanese. Work with others. Interact across countries, cultures and external. Deal with senior management, clients and regulators. Speak with confidence.
Work Quality & Efficiency
- Process improvement. Design new processes and documentation. Time management.
- Make a decision, Out of box approach. Change management. Adapt to new ways. Initiate projects.
Team Work & Culture
- Team player. Trust and confidence. Acknowledgement. Lead by example. Effective feedback. Understand organization goals and strategies.
- Root-cause analysis. Provide solutions. Escalation. Priority.
Specific Qualifications Required
- Native in Japanese and business level in English
- Ability and willingness to learn and improve new product and process
- Compliance and Risk mindset
- At ease with numbers
- Time management and Prioritization skill
- Comfortable with OA skill
- 2 years experiences minimum in Financial Industries
- Settlement experience in any of the products (but not mandatory) – JGB, Foreign Bond, Cash Equity or Listed Derivatives.
- JSDA Sales Representative Qualification (Class 1 & 2)
- JSDA Chief Control Manager
- SWIFT knowledge
About BNP PARIBAS
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year