Static Referential Specialist (Osaka Based)
- Standard / Permanent
- OPERATION PROCESSING
As the leading European Union bank, and one of the world’s largest financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence in the region since 1860, BNP Paribas offers a wide range of financial services for corporate, institutional and private investors spanning corporate and institutional banking, wealth management, asset management and insurance.
We passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued and encourage applicants of all backgrounds, including diversity of origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion applicants who may be living with a disability. We have a number of internal employee networks in place to empower our staff to act and challenge the status quo.
• BNP Paribas PRIDE is highly active in favour of the LGBTQIA+ community
• BNP Paribas MixCity which fosters better representation of women at all levels of the organization
• Ability, the mutual aid network for employees with a disability or a disabling or chronic illness
• BNP Paribas CulturAll which celebrates diverse backgrounds
BNP is committed to financing a carbon-neutral economy by 2050. The Group is a founding member of the Net-Zero Banking Alliance and has set up its own Low Carbon Transition Group to support its clients through their energy transitions.
BNPP has won Top employer Europe award in a 10th consecutive year
• Static Referential is responsible for client and product static data set-up and maintenance and assess the impact of any new or change for regulation or business to statif referential data across products and clients.
1. Set up and maintain client and product static data
2. Validate requests properly to ensure necessary information is obtained to set/up maintain static
3. Understands the fields setting up and potential impact of each fields to down stream
4. Review dormant, expired static and reduce unnecessary data
5. When new/change of regulations / business come in assess the impact to client and product static
6. Supervise outsourced activities properly and escalate any risk to management
7. Generation of bank statements and customer statements for Tokyo Branch clients.
Anti-Money Laundering / Financial Sanctions (“AML/FS”) related duties
Operations are an integral part of the control framework including for AML/FS topics. In that respect, in performing your role you are expected to ensure adherence to AML/FS-related Group Policies and execution of associated operational controls, and to promptly escalate any resulting hit for analysis and decision.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
Verbal & Written Skill in English and Japanese. Interpersonal skills to work with others, across departments, countries, senior managements and external parties. Speak with confidence.
2. Work Quality & Efficiency
Accuracy and completeness of the assignment. Process improvement and design new processes and documentation. Time management and Prioritization skill. Think out of box approach. Ability to apt to new ways.
3. Team Work & Culture
Ability and willingness to learn. Team player. Build trust and confidence. Lead by example.
4. Problem Solving
Root-cause analytical and good judgement for escalation. Provide solutions and proposal.
5. Compliance and Risk/Control mindset
Specific Qualifications Required
• 4 year college degree or equivalent
• Native in Japanese and business level in English
• At ease with numbers
• Managing the pressure
• Basic OA skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
• JSDA Sales Representative Qualification (Class 1 & 2)
• SWIFT knowledge